7 key lead generation strategies for 2023
Digital lead generation refers to the process of attracting and converting strangers and prospects into someone who has indicated interest in your company’s product or service, which you probably know if you’re reading this. The real question is how to do it better!
It should be said that before any digital marketing gets underway, you should take inventory of your current assets, from content and resources to web properties and audience lists. Along with your asset audit, knowing your product and target buyers is vital to the success of these tactics. By knowing what you’ve got in your tool box to directly articulate how you can help address your buyer will make these marketing solutions relevant to the digital users you’re targeting.
Here are a few strategies that you may find helpful for generating leads digitally in 2023:
- Content marketing: Creating and sharing valuable, relevant, and consistent content can help attract and retain a clearly defined audience and drive profitable customer action. This is why content calendars, taking inventory of your content, and keeping your website flush with fresh media is important. Many B2B categories, for instance, see several return visits before buyers convert. If your website is stagnant on those return visits, buyers may see that as a negative.
- Email marketing: Email marketing can be an effective way to nurture leads and keep them informed about your company and what you have to offer. Using platforms like HubSpot or Salesforce Pardot helps you maintain connection with prospects and current clients, but supports lead nurturing. Integrating your nurturing campaign with exclusive content, webinars/events, and special promotions, ensures you keep your brand top of mind, when done right.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Optimizing your website and its content for search engines can help increase the visibility of your website and attract qualified leads through organic search results. Leverage the insights from search keywords and activities help to inform all other areas of marketing. With SEO insights, your team can generate new ideas, check KPIs, determine trends, and much more.
- Social media marketing: Using social media platforms to connect with your target audience and share valuable content can help generate leads and build relationships with potential customers. Engagement in social spaces influence decision making as business “showing up” on social and giving online audiences insight to how they work, communicate, and even hire, helps convey “who” your organisation is rather than just “what” you do.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) / Paid media advertising: PPC advertising allows you to place ads on search engine results pages, display networks, remarket to past visitors, and pay for clicks on your ad. This can be expanded in several ways to include specific placements, either through ad exchange networks or direct sponsorships/ad placements. As you would expect, paid media can be an effective way to generate leads quickly.
- Influencer marketing: Partnering with influencers, whether they are on social platforms or industry leaders, can help provide additional credibility or authority to your brand. Careful validation should be done to ensure the influencer believes in your product, performs ethically, and maintains a positive rapport with their audiences–which should be relevant buyers of your products or services. A key value of influencers, who have a large and engaged following, is that they can help expose your brand to a wider audience and generate leads.
- Lead magnets: Offer something valuable, such as an e-book or webinar, in exchange for contact information from potential leads.
It’s important to remember that lead generation is an ongoing process and that you’ll need to continually test and refine your strategies to find what works best for your business. Obviously, we would love to talk to you about your plans, marketing, and business strategy, so please reach out with any questions you may have about your lead generation or marketing plans.